Buying property in Brazil
Can foreigners buy property in Brazil?
How much capital gains tax is charged on Brazil property?
Do I need to open a bank account in Brazil?
What is the currency in Brazil?
Buying property at The Coral
Is The Coral a secure property investment?
- All the land at The Coral resort is owned by BRIC Group who is also the developer;
- The Coral has full planning approval and licences from the Brazilian authorities;
- Construction work on the site started in early 2014 and is now well underway – infrastructure works (utility installations and roads) are complete and villa construction has started;
- The Coral has won several prestigious awards from the Americas International Property Awards including Best Residential Development in Brazil in both 2014-15 and 2015-16;
- BRIC Group organizes inspection trips so that you can visit in person to see the resort and area for yourself;
- There are no outstanding loans, bank mortgages or bank financing for the land. BRIC Group own the project 100% outright and purchased the land with cash;
- BRIC Group are an asset backed company with 20 years’ experience in international developments and real estate projects;
- BRIC Group studied the economy, market and key investment indicators before investing their own money in this opportunity;
- Full title deeds and warranty ownership are available to show to you;
- The viability of the exit market has been calculated and analysed by BRIC Group;
- We can also assist in the re-sale of your plot.
What licences does The Coral have?
Does BRIC Group own the land?
Are plots in The Coral purchased freehold or leasehold?
What about the legal aspects of buying property at The Coral
What taxes (closing costs) are involved with buying property in Brazil?
Is finance available to purchase the land and build the villa?
THE LOCATION OF THE CORAL RESORT
Where is The Coral?
Why did BRIC Group choose this area for The Coral resort?
Northeast Brazil ranks as the Brazilians’ favourite holiday destination and Praia de Guajirú is one of the region’s best-kept secrets. Visited by well-to-do families from Fortaleza and Sao Paulo for decades, Praia de Guajirú is now gradually being discovered by foreigners and more Brazilians. There is, however currently little purpose-built holiday resorts. We believe that Praia de Guajirú has huge potential for growth as a holiday destination and represents an exceptional investment opportunity for investors who get in early to benefit from the rise in interest in the area among Brazilians.
In addition, the area has huge potential due to the development of the Pecém Port which is undergoing major expansion and is set to be one of Brazil’s largest import-export centers. Click here to read more about Pecém Port.
Where is the nearest airport to The Coral in Northeast Brazil?
What is the flight time between Fortaleza and Europe?
How long is the flight time between Fortaleza and the US?
What are the flight routes from the Middle East?
How do I get to The Coral resort?
How far is The Coral from Fortaleza Airport and the city of Fortaleza?
How far is the nearest doctor/ hospital to The Coral?
Is this part of Brazil safe?
Who buys in the area?
Pecem Port, currently undergoing a 10-year expansion project and with an acute undersupply of quality housing, is 40 minutes’ drive from Praia de Guajirú. Managers and engineers employed at Pecem Port will be seeking high-end accommodation in the area, a fact that enhances the potential for return from The Coral resort.
What are the main attractions in this part of Northeast Brazil?
The Coral Northeast Brazil is near to the resorts of Flecheiras and Mundau, also tranquil spots with opportunities for buggy rides on the dunes, riverboat trips and trekking in the scenic countryside inland. The local gastronomy in this part of Northeast Brazil is another highlight with fresh fish and seafood taking pride of place on the menu.
Fortaleza, just 1 hour 20 minutes away, has plenty to offer the tourist -busy urban beaches, excellent shopping opportunities with vast shopping malls equal to those found in the US and Dubai, historic monuments, museums, theatres and great restaurants. The third largest aquarium in the world is due to open in the city in 2017.
The state of Ceará is known for its excellent year-round climate – Fortaleza is nicknamed Sunshine City as it receives the most hours of sunshine of any city in Brazil – and the hospitality of the locals whose warm welcome is famous throughout the country.
How far is Fortaleza from Natal?
How far is Fortaleza from Rio de Janeiro?
How far is Fortaleza from Sao Paulo?
What is the weather in Fortaleza?
THE CORAL RESORT
Where is The Coral resort exactly?
Can investors at The Coral resort only buy land?
How many plots are available at The Coral?
How big are the plots?
How much do the plots cost?
Do The Coral villa plots come with building permission?
How much of the plot can be built on?
How big can The Coral villas be?
What size are The Coral villas?
How many floors can a villa at The Coral resort have?
How long does it take to build a villa at The Coral resort?
How much of The Coral resort will be developed?
What facilities will be onsite at The Coral resort?
Has construction started on the site?
How long has The Coral resort been going for?
How can I keep up with construction progress at The Coral resort?
How can I see pictures of the building work at The Coral resort?
How long will The Coral resort take to be finished?
- Entire site infrastructure – September 2016
- Show home construction – early 2016
- Beach club construction – 2016
- Apartment construction – launch 2016
- Hotel and onsite facilities – launch 2016
- Lagoon clubhouse – 2017
Are utilities – electricity, water and sewage etc. - available on site?
What about security at The Coral resort?
Which company is building the villas and the onsite facilities at The Coral Northeast Brazil?
Can I view The Coral resort before I buy?
Have you already sold plots at The Coral resort to clients?
Are references about BRIC Group available?
Who are going to be running/owning the commercial and retail outlets onsite at The Coral Northeast Brazil?
How will The Coral be maintained?
PROPERTY INVESTMENT RETURNS AVAILABLE AT THE CORAL
What are the pros and cons of each type of property investment at The Coral?
Please explain what you mean by ‘off-plan developer’.
What can I do with my finished villa at The Coral?
Can I use my villa at The Coral resort for my own personal use?
Who will manage my villa at The Coral for me?
How have you calculated the return for each scenario for investment at The Coral resort?
How have you calculated the yearly turnover for holiday rentals at The Coral resort?
What if a tenant doesn’t pay?
EQUIPMENT AND FITTINGS IN THE CORAL VILLAS
What fittings do villas at The Coral resort include?
Does my villa at The Coral resort come with a pool?
Can you arrange garden landscaping for me?
What about air conditioning?
Does The Coral villa build include kitchen fittings?
Do you offer furniture packs?
What about utilities – electricity, telephone and internet connections?
RUNNING COSTS OF OWNING A PROPERTY AT THE CORAL
What will be the costs associated with owning a villa at The Coral resort?
- Monthly quotas for the Homeowners’ Association (estimated around US$70 a month for a 450 sq m plot)
- Property management company costs (optional)
- Monthly utility (electricity, phone and internet etc.) costs.
How much will the Homeowners’ Association cost?
How much does property management cost for villas at The Coral?
How much does garden and pool maintenance cost?
Do I have to pay Homeowners’ Association costs if I don’t build a villa?
How much do utilities cost a month?
Cable TV – from R$80
Internet – from R$70
Electricity prices will depend on consumption.